Indrax Finally Says Something Quite Sensible and Worthy of the Attention of U*Us

Well after saying some remarkably foolish things here in the last little while Indrax finally creates a blog post that I can actually work with.

And the commentary on it is worth reading too. . .

Herewith my new and improved point-by-point response to the pertinent parts of Indrax's blog post.

:I noticed quickly that he seemed hostile to Unitarian Universalism

Your perception is distorted Indrax I am not in fact "hostile to Unitarian Universalism". If you read my posts properly what I am "hostile" towards (if I am indeed "hostile" towards anything. . .) is U*U injustices, U*U abuses and U*U hyprocrisy. Or, stated in somewhat different terms, I am allegedly "hostile" towards (I would pefer to say justifiably contemptuous of and indignant towards. . .) U*Us who perpetrate and/or perpetuate internal U*U injustices and abuses, DIM Thinking U*Us who Deny, Ignore and Minimize U*U injustices and abuses, and U*U hypocrites. . . not U*Uism itself. I have am no more "hostile" towards U*Uism than Isaiah or Jeremiah or indeed Jesus were "hostile" towards Judaism.

:but I offered to help Robin because I have a philosophy that despite whatever conflicts people have, their core goals and values can ultimately be compatible.

My core goals and values, including BTW my alleged "hostile" attitude towards injustices, abuses and hypocrisy, U*U or otherwise. . . are fully compatible with the purported principles and purposes of U*Uism.

:In particular, I would like to see him become a valuable member of the UCM, and UUism as a whole.

Then may I suggest that you stop doing foolish things that are counterproductive to achieving that stated goal Indrax? Such as falsely accusing me of "public lies". . .

:Mr. Edgar is intelligent, passionate, and prolific,

That is quite evident from my posts here there and everywhere. Thanks for the compliment.

:It is a shame that this conflict has gone on as long as it has.

I dare say that I have been saying that for several years now. Indeed it is a shameful episode in U*U history. One that would have been entirely avoidable if Montreal U*Us, Boston U*Us and U*Us more generally had made a modest effort to actually practice what they so insincerely preach rather than repeatedly flagrantly flaunting their purported principles and purposes and other proclaimed ideals and policies. . .

:Robin could be an asset to the UU community, instead of a thorn.

Robin could indeed be a considerable asset to the U*U community but U*Us apparently would much prefer to have me as a thorn. . . I will remain a thorn in the side of U*Uism (to say nothing of it's posterior) until such a time as U*Us decide that they would rather have me as an asset than a liability. . . BTW Another very real "thorn" in this matter is a certain Rev. Ray Blackthorn and those immoral, unethical, and incredibly foolish DIM Thinking U*Us who continue to "harbor and protect" this outspoken anti-religious fundamentalist atheist bigot. Yes, according to Google the name Drennan means 'Blackthorn'. . .

:The UCM should not cut off the possibility of dialog with Robin, or his reinstatement.

But that is exactly what the Unitarian Church of Montreal did from the very earliest stages of this conflict, and that is exactly why this conflict has dragged on for over a decade now. This ludicrously drawn out "war of words" continues to this very day precisely because Montreal Unitarians, and indeed U*U leaders at the UUA and CUC in Boston and Toronto, have obstinately refused to enter into any meaningful dialogue with me inspite of my repeated requests, and indeed my justifiable demands, that they do so. Montreal Unitarians, and U*Us more generally, not only cut off dialogue with me but have gone to extreme lengths to censor and suppress my perfectly legitimate criticism and dissent.

:It should state the conditions under which it will enter into dialog.

It should enter into dialogue with me all but unconditionally after all the demeaning and abusive crap that I have had to put up with from it. . . I dare say that I have a right to set some conditions of my own about how U*Us "dialogue" with me; starting with avoiding using words like "cult" "psychotic" and "silliness and fantasy" to say nothing of "public lies" Indrax. . .

:It is not consistent with UU principles that anyone be eternally cut off from fellowship.

Needless to say I tend to agree although I do believe that those hypocritical Montreal U*Us who are most directly responsible for eternally cutting me off from fellowship with the Unitarian Church of Montreal should get a taste of their own bitter medicine. . . Believe it or not only yesterday I discovered that U*Us have procedures in place to reintegrate convicted pedophiles into U*U congregations but big bad Robin Edgar, who is only "guilty" of exposing and denouncing U*U injustices, abuses and hypocrisy has in fact been "eternally cut off from fellowship" by stunningly hypocritical Montreal U*Us. . . No process for appeal was ever provided to me. The whole process for permanently expelling me from the Unitarian Church of Montreal was seriously flawed from its very inception and can perfectly justifiably be described as being a kangaroo court style Stalinistic "show trial" disguised as a "special congregational meeting".

:The UCM needs to address this issue publicly.

Absolutely. As do the UUA and CUC and whoever is currently responsible for disciplining abusive U*U clergy and ensuring that U*U congregations are "Safe Congregations". The Unitarian Church of Montreal has repeatedly and flagrantly violated the conditions that are set forth for being a "Safe Congregation" and this has been condoned by both the UUA and CUC, hence my UNSAFE SECT? picket sign slogan that Philocrites aka Chris Walton recently semi-endorsed. . .

:The wider UU community deserves to have both sides voiced.

The wider U*U community has repeatedly censored and suppressed my voice. My voice has been permanently banned from UUA sponsored mailing lists and internet forums. . . Inspite of the fact that I have repeatedly challenged Montreal U*Us to tell "their side of the story" they have maintained a tight-lipped policy of all but complete silence in this matter; except of course when they engage in transparent institutional cover-up and denial, such as that exemplified by the DIM Thinking SPAM that has been repeatedly posted here by the self-appointed "champion" of the Unitarian Church of Montreal known as Anonymous U*U. . .

:Their silence reflects badly on the UCM and UUism as a whole.

Indeed the complicit silence of U*Us, Montreal Unitarians and otherwise. . . does reflect very badly on both the Unitarian Church of Montreal and the U*U "religious community" as a whole.. Forgive me for calling this shameful complicit silence the 'Silence of the Ewe*Ewes'. . . ;-)

:The posts by an anonymous UCM member to Robin's blog do not serve this role.

But Anonymous U*U's posts do serve the very useful role (at least to The Emerson Avenger. . .) of very publicly exposing and illustrating the DIM Thinking institutional cover-up and denial of the various U*U injustices and abuses that I am exposing and denouncing that has been quite evidently exercised by the Unitarian Church of Monteal and the greater U*U community. . .

:Robin needs to stop being an ass.

So do you Indrax, and a whole lot of other asinine U*U asses. I will quite happily continue to be not only an ass but a rather annoying pain in the ass for as long as U*Us choose to be asses themselves. . . BTW Indrax, you and other U*Us really shouldn think twice before throwing the word "ass" around when the U*U religious community's "corporate identity" so closely resembles an ass, even when the sphincter-like asterisk that was so generously inserted between the twin cheeks of UUism by oh so creative CUC Director Mary Bennett is wisely removed from it. . . ;-)

'Why Not A Star?' I'll tell U*Us why. . .

ROTFLMU*UO

Comments

Anonymous said…
Is there anywhere where we an go to hear the Unitarian Church of Montreal's side of the story?
Robin Edgar said…
Well you could go to the Unitarian Church of Montreal for starters. . . If you cannot physically visit the church you can phone or email if you want. Just Google - "Unitarian Church of Montreal" to get to the site and a whole pile of other stuff. . . One anonymous poster claims to be a member of the church and has repeatedly posted what he or she pretends is the official positionn of the church but it is full of misinformation and disinformation and some outright lies. I have thoroughly rebutted it here.

Thanks for asking that important question. I do believe that the Unitarian Church of Montreal needs to come out and tell its official side of the story to U*Us, including its own members, and the public. That story had better stand up to public scrutiny of church records because if the Unitarian Church of Montreal presents the kind of disinformation and lies that the Anonymous U*U of Montreal posted they are going to look stupid when I show it up to by misleading half-truths and outright lies. strictly speaking the Unitarian Church of Montreal would be well advised to through in the towel and acknowledge that my side of the story is very truthful, very accurate, and backed by lots of documentary evidence, including sworn testimony from my criminal trial. . .
indrax said…
Whose sworn testimony?
Got transcripts?
indrax said…
But to answer Anonymous:
I'll work on it. For now, Keep watching this blog.
Robin Edgar said…
The sworn testimony of the two perjurious prosecution witnesses from the Unitarian Church of Montreal. A nice clear audio recording on CD. Lot's of educational and entertaining stuff on it. I will probably podcast some of it one of these days. No transcripts.