The Emerson Avenger Fires Another Well-Aimed Warning Shot Across The Bows Of The U*U Ship of Fools. . .

Here is something that I just posted to U*U Uber-Propagandist UU World Executive Editor Chris Walton's Philocrites' blog in this thread. Catch it before Philocrites relegates it to his gaping U*U "memory hole". . .

I can and will use words as carefully aimed guided cruise missiles, or even verbal weapons of mass destruction. . . as long as U*Us persist in using and/or refuse to retract the insulting and defamatory or otherwise harmful and damaging war words that they quite regularly use against me and other people Philocrites. I have said it before but I will say it again. Anyone who starts a war of words with me had better be prepared to take some hits and ultimately lose that war of words. It is most regrettable that you and other DIM Thinking U*Us, including UUA President Rev. Bill Sinkford, Rev. Ray Drennan, Rev. Victoria Weinstein, and (most recently) Rev. Diane Rollert. . . have repeatedly failed to pay heed to the numerous warning shots that I have fired across the bows of the U*U Ship of Fools in this ongoing War of the U*U World. . .

BTW The Emerson Avenger blog is nowhere near as "unfrequented and isolated" as you and other DIM Thinking U*Us would like to believe, and I can easily take steps to ensure that it is a lot more frequented in the future if and when I put my mind to it. . . I may well do that sooner rather than later.

Update November 27, 2006 12:28 pm. Too late. . . The above guided verbal cruise missile was "memory holed" within minutes as is typical of Chris Walton's "memory holing" of pretty much everything that I have ever submitted as a comment to his Philocrites blog. I must get around to posting some of the more interesting educational and entertaining comments that Philocrites aka UU World Executive Editor Chris Walton has "memory holed" over the last year or so. . .

Language is weaponized when it is used to objectify, depersonalize, dehumanize, to create an "other." Once a person is labeled as "not like us," the rules for civilized behavior no longer apply. . . .

Progressives as well as conservatives have their way of dehumanizing. They hurl stones when they use terms such as "fundamentalist," "rednecks," or "right-wing conservatives" in derisive ways that allow no room for nuances, individual differences, or empathy with their adversaries' points of view.

I am not interested in weapons, whether words or guns. I want to be part of the rescue team for our tired, overcrowded planet. The rescuers will be those people who help other people to think clearly, and to be honest and open-minded. They will be an antidote to those people who disconnect us. They will de-objectify, rehumanize, and make others more understandable and sympathetic.

Comments