The Emerson Avenger's New Year's Resolutions

Continue blogging about U*U injustices, abuses and hypocrisy of various kinds.

Continue the "alternative spiritual practice" of publicy protesting against U*U injustices, abuses and hypocrisy in front of the so-called Unitarian Church of Montreal throughout 2007 until Montreal Unitarian U*Us begin "waging peace" and actually practicing genuine justice, equity and compassion in their human relations with me rather than making a total mockery of these and other purported U*U principles and ideals. As I protested yesterday Montreal Unitarian David Horan wished me a "Happy New Year". I responded that both I and the Unitarian Church of Montreal would have a happier new year if the Unitarian Church of Montreal responded to my public protest in a responsible manner rather than willfully ignoring it as it has done for over 8 years now. David Horan asked what I wanted Montreal Unitarians to do, as though he didn't already know. . . I responded by saying that the Unitarian Church of Montreal must "admit to its mistakes", "hold some people accountable" and apologize. Needless to say that was the short and sweet version but that is the core of what the Unitarian Church of Montreal must do if it wants my protest to end any time soon.

I will continue my new public protest against the failure of the Quebec Humans Rights Commission to protect me from the very obvious anti-religious intolerance and bigotry of Rev. Ray Drennan, Frank Greene and other Montreal Unitarian U*Us. I will be demanding a full explanation of why the QHRC repeatedly refused to take on my case starting as far back as 1996 when I first brought it to their attention. I will be demanding that the QHRC force the Unitarian Church of Montreal to admit that the QHRC's decision not to take my case to tribunal did not constite a dismissal off my case for lack of merit as alleged by the Unitarian Church of Montreal. I will be demanding that the QHRC reopen and reexamine my case and bring it before a human rights tribunal if at all possible. I will be pointing out how the QHRC has a poor track record and low credibility when it comes to dealing with other cases involving religious discrimination and harassment. In light of the fact that other people have expressed strong dissatisfaction with the Quebec Human Rights Commission more generally I may well ally myself with other people who want to expose and denounce the Quebec Human Rights Commission's failure and even refusal to protect their human rights.

I will be strongly and publicly criticizing UUA President Bill Sinkford, and other top level UUA officials and U*U clergy for their stunningly hypocritical gross negligence and effective complicity in U*U injustices and abuses that have been brought to their attention. I will be contrasting the words of President Bill Sinkford's public pronouncements on various issues such as justice, civil liberties, human rights, "waging peace" and indeed condemning war. . . with how he has studiously avoided involving himself in "waging peace" with me via providing some genuine restorative justice for me. I consider UUA President Rev. William G. Sinkford's all but total silence and his obvious failure and apparent refusal to engage in any dialogue with me to be effectively complicit in the injustices, abuses, and hypocrisy that I brought to his attention years ago now.

Demand a review and audit of the UUA's and the Ministerial Fellowship Committee's grossly negligent and effectively complicit response to my own, and no doubt other people's. . . legitimate complaints about abusive clergy misconduct of various kinds. Demand that the UUA and MFC must responsibly deal with cases of unbecoming conduct that do not involve sexual misconduct since it appears that the UUA and MFC have a very narrow sexualized definition of what constitutes clergy misconduct. MFC Director Rev. David Hubner suggested to me, indeed he effectively told me, that the reason that the UUA's Ministerial Fellowship Committee refused to reopen and responsibly act upon my complaint against Rev. Ray Drennan was because it did not involve sexual misconduct.

Publicly protest against U*U injustices, abuses, and hypocrisy in front of UUA headquarters at 25 Beacon Street in Boston, and/or prominent U*U churches in other major American cities if and when possible to do so. U*Us got off easy last year when I could have protested in New York, San Francisco and the Bay Area (Berkeley & Oakland) , Chicago and one or two other places had I put my mind to it. I took the train back to Montreal from San Francisco this summer and quite enjoyed it. I am tempted to buy an AMTRAK pass or two and travel all over the USA in 2007 and/or subsequent years. I can and will make a point of publicly protesting in front of prominent U*U churches and UUA GAs and other important gatherings of U*Us in the U*U World if DIM Thinking U*Us continue to deny, ignore and minimize the injustices and abuses that I have brought to their attention and obstinately refuse to engage in "waging peace" by actually practicing genuine justice, equity, and compassion in their so far rather inhuman human relations with me.

More later. . .

Comments

James Andrix said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Robin Edgar said…
The deleted SPAM comment from James Andrix aka indrax has been appropriately relegated to the U*U Hole that his incessant and excessive SPAMMING of my threads forced me to create.