Rev. Diane Rollert Presents A Telling Indictment Of The Unitarian *Community* Of Montreal. . .

"It's not just what we do, but what we don't do that tells us a lot about who we are as a community."

Rev. Diane Rollert quoted from the May NU*USLETTER of the Unitarian Church of Montreal

No kidding Diane. . . I seem to recall that you and the Montreal U*U community, to say nothing of the UUA and the greater Unitarian Universalist "religious community" aka the U*U World, don't do justice, don't do equity, don't do compassion in human relations, don't do a genuinely free and responsible search for the truth and meaning behind my picket sign slogans and other protest activities, and that your U*U community seems to be chronically unready, obstinately unwilling, and is apparently even pathologically unable to *do* most of the other purported principles and purposes of the U*U community along with what you and other U*Us call "waging peace".

Now just what do U*Us, Montreal U*Us or otherwise. . . *do* as a community? Well rather too many U*Us mock and ridicule other people's religious beliefs and practices and the U*U *community* turns a blind eye to such anti-religious intolerance and bigotry. The Montreal U*U community, and the U*U "religious community" more generally, egregiously censors and suppresses legitimate criticism and dissent, even to the point of having people falsely arrested on trumped up criminal charges. . . As my picket sign slogans clearly state the Montreal U*U community, and indeed the greater U*U "religious community" as represented by the UUA, *do* support abusive clergy. U*Us, as a community, *do* turn a blind eye to clergy misconduct of various kinds, including clergy sexual misconduct of various kinds.

I could go on but I do believe that all the foregoing, and plenty of other injustices, abuses, and hypocrisy committed by U*Us does indeed tell the public quite a lot about who U*Us are as a community. . .

Comments

James Andrix said…
Here is what I will do for you Robin.

As you know, I have a website about you. I've been wanting to create some content or cover a particular issue that casts you in a good light. I've had trouble finding any more. At the very least, I'd like to cover some part of your side of things in a succinct way, as does my most recent post.

I'd like to offer you a kind of experimental 'guest blogger' opportunity. If you write something that fits the site, I'll post it.

Run some ideas by me.
Robin Edgar said…
"I'd like to offer you a kind of experimental 'guest blogger' opportunity."

ROTFLMU*UO

Surely you mean you would like to try to cover your hypocritical U*U regarding your pre-emptive censorship of your poorly conceived and executed 'The Truth About Robin Edgar' blog that pre-emptively banned me from posting anything to it from the get go. . .

What was it that you said indrax?

Oh ya. . .

"That said, comments and input are welcome.

But not from Robin.

Robin is many things, but he is not generally concise. Any information he wants to provide, he can provide via his blog or through email. If he is considerate, he will save me the trouble of deleting his posts."

And to think that you have the gall to publicly accuse me of "censorship and hypocrisy" for quite moderately "moderating" your repeated off-topic SPAM posts here by directing them to the U*U Hole where those who choose to read them may do so.

Thanks but no thanks indrax. I really don't have much use for any more dubious "offers" from you. I would suggest that you actually write something that fits that neglected and inappropriately titled blog and post it. . .
James Andrix said…
I'm sorry you feel that way.

I did not claim to be a non-censor. On the contrary, I have defended the rights of bloggers to delete your posts, and your right to delete mine.

But censorship IS censorship. Admit it.
Robin Edgar said…
"The Montreal U*U community, and the U*U "religious community" more generally, egregiously censors and suppresses legitimate criticism and dissent, even to the point of having people falsely arrested on trumped up criminal charges. . ."

Well, in light of the latest breaking news from the Montreal backwater of the U*U World that statement that was referring to well documented shameful U*U history turned out to be quite timely and prophetic. . . I dare say that it *do* look like Montreal U*Us have really stepped in U*U *do*do* of their very own making once again. . .
Robin Edgar said…
Yup. Censorship IS censorship indrax. . .