U*Us CRIMINALIZE DISSENT - U*Us PERVERT JUSTICE

One of the two MUC police officers who arrested me earlier today on highly questionable and very flimsy criminal charges that have apparently been brought against me by paranoid Montreal U*Us reads The Emerson Avenger's chalk slogans on the sidewalk in front of the so-called Unitarian Church of Montreal.

Most appropriately one of the chalk protest slogans says -

U*Us PERVERT JUSTICE

while the picket sign says -

U*Us CRIMINALIZE DISSENT

For the record I have no complaints whatsoever about the manner in which the two young police officers handled my arrest, which they were legally obliged to carry out due to an outstanding warrant for my arrest that dated back to November of 2006. Au contraire. . . I have high praise for the highly professional, respectful, and courteous manner in which the two young officers conducted the arrest.

More breaking news about U*U injustices and abuses,
indeed U*U criminalization of criticism and dissent,
including ongoing U*U attempts to pervert justice by misusing and abusing the Canadian Criminal Code in their deeply misguided, and outrageously hypocritical, attempts to undermine Canadian Charter guaranteed civil rights and freedoms, coming soon. . .

Click on the image to see a much larger version.

Unlike most of the U*Us I know the police officers indicated that they looked forward to seeing the photos I took of them on The Emerson Avenger blog, and even wanted to download the pictures, so I have provided larger than usual image files that the police officers can make a decent print from. The two police officers have my permission to make prints for personal use from the two files provided here.

Thanks once again for your professional and courteous service which does the MUC police force proud.


The picket sign slogan that the police officer is reading asks -

DO U*Us BELIEVE HYPOCRISY IS THE BEST POLICY?

All available evidence would suggest that the question is the answer.

U*Us, Montreal Unitarian U*Us and otherwise. . .

have repeatedly demonstrated via their words and actions that they apparently believe that outrageous hypocrisy is their main policy if not their best policy.

Comments

James Andrix said…
What were the charges?
Robin Edgar said…
I could have sworn that I linked to the specific section of the Canadian Criminal Code that Montreal U*Us would appear to be attempting to misuse and abuse in their foolish attempts to use what former UUA President Rev. Dr. John A. Buehrens referred to as the "secular authorities" of the "state" to impose U*U "church" censorship on my legitimate public protest against U*U injustices, abuses and hypocrisy. It will be most interesting to see how this latest misuse and abuse of the Canadian Criminal Code by Montreal U*Us attempting to pervert justice and criminalize my criticism and dissent plays out. . .
Joel Monka said…
Oddly enough, the link goes to two diffferent places, depending on whether you click on the link directly, or whether you click on "open in new window". I presume the one they are attempting to use would be the one about "fear of attack"? If so, that could explain why that one parishoner you wrote about a while back came right at you in a belligerent manner- perhaps he was hoping to provoke a response that could have been used in such a charge.

On the other hand, such fears, while misplaced, may be genuine- I told you how I had received private emails when I posted about you on my blog from two people who were afraid to comment publically because they were afraid you might do something. I didn't make that up.
Robin Edgar said…
I don't doubt that you did not make that up Joel. A decade's worth of demonization of yours truly by U*Us has created a certain amount of paranoia amongst Montreal Unitarians, to say nothing of other U*Us. Don't forget that I am a "crazy" "psychotic" "nutcase" according to those U*Us who choose to demonize me. . . Don't forget the totally mythical "chair throwing incident" slander that apparently was aired to a good chunk of the congregation of the Unitarian Church of Montreal during another "manipulative and secretive" special congregational meeting that was coincidentally held Sunday afternoon. What was the congregational meeting about you ask? Well it seems that the Board of the Unitarian Church of Montreal is once again attempting to obtain a court ordered injunction forcing an end to my peaceful public protest. This arrest on very dubious criminal charges may well be related to that misguided effort by Montreal Unitarians to suppress my criticism and dissent, rather than responsibly redress the very real U*U injustices and abuses that are the "root cause" of my ongoing public protest. It does seem however that perhaps a U*U loose canon discharged. . . Time will tell.

More details about the latest crap coming from Montreal U*Us will be posted here in the coming days. Looks like it might be a hot summer. . . Hopefully paranoid Montreal U*Us won't misinterpret that remark, or the fact that they can expect me to keep the home fires burning* under their outrageously hypocritical U*Us if they do not provide genuine justice and equity soon. Next thing you know U*Us will be accusing me of making death threats because I reference Ralph Waldo Emerson's famous line about "corpse-cold Unitarianism" to refer to the cold-hearted conscienceless behaviour of Montreal Unitarians and other "corpse-cold" Unitarian*Universalists aka U*Us. Who knows? I wouldn't put it past outrageously hypocritical U*Us to have already done that in their cynical efforts to undermine and abrogate my constitutionally guaranteed civil rights and freedoms.

*purely figurative language referencing the common expression "Light a fire under their ass."
Robin Edgar said…
BTW You presume correctly Joel. It is section 810 of the Canadain Criminal Code that I am referring to and the link should go directly to that section. I also agree that some U*Us may well have been trying to provoke me to violence in their aggressive behaviour towards me. The fact of the matter is that I have been totally non-violent throughout this whole conflict and I have never at any time uttered any threats against anyone's physical safety. It appears however that some U*Us have tried to misconstrue my warnings that I can escalate my protest activities as threats. U*Us are going to have a very hard time convincing a judge that they have "reasonable grounds" to fear that I will "commit a serious personal injury offence." I on the other hand already have had reasonable grounds to fear that a few Montreal U*U, including a couple of Board members of the Unitarian Church of Montreal, might "commit a serious personal injury offence" against me. In fact, as I have previously reported, one U*U Board member threatened to "punch your fucking lights out" and, after I had him charged with uttering threats he was subjected to non-judicial treatment for his criminal act.
Anonymous said…
Robin, you are brave! I wish I had done the same in my town. My own church, which professed to be loving and kind, sent folks to barge into my home, bringing a cop with them, accusing me, a five-foot one, ninety-something pound woman of planning to murder the minister. I had no intent nor had ever made a threat. What they did was senseless and cruel.
Anonymous said…
apologies, I forgot to leave my name, it's Julie Greene.