An Eye Opener For A Young U*U On YouTube

I received a couple of YouTube messages from an apparently young U*U complaining about my U*U Tube videos that document my ongoing peaceful public protest against U*U injustices, abuses and hypocrisy in front of the self-professed Unitarian Church of Montreal. This U*U on YouTube called me a "lieyer" (sic). Asked, "Why do you hate Unitarian Universalism?" Went on to assert that my "facts on Unitarian Universalism is wrong" and that it was "wrong to lie about Unitarian Universalism!" They also described my "actions" (presumably my protest actions) as "evil". I decided to open the eyes of this apparently quite uninformed, if not willfully ignorant, young U*U and sent the following response to them. I have corrected a few typos, and added a few appropriate links to the text of this YouTube message to a young U*U -

Unfortunately (YouTube handle deleted) I am not lying about U*Uism in anything that I say, and there are U*Us who know very well that I am telling the truth about what I have actually experienced myself or what I have witnessed occurring within the U*U World. Every single picket sign slogan seen in my videos is backed up by plenty of solid evidence that supports what it says.

The UUA has a terrible track record when it comes to dealing responsibly with clergy misconduct, to say nothing of other internal injustices, abuses and hypocrisy. The leaders and congregation of the Unitarian Church of Montreal have perpetrated and/or perpetuated a variety of injustices and abuses upon me as well as upon other people. This is all very well documented.

I am fully aware of the claimed principles and purposes of Unitarian Universalism. I joined the Unitarian Church of Montreal because I believe in those principles. The reason that I am now protesting in front of the Unitarian Church of Montreal is because Montreal Unitarians, as well as other U*Us including top level UUA officials, have repeatedly made a total mockery of those claimed seven principles of U*Uism as well as other claimed U*U ideals in their rather inhuman human relations with me. My actions of protesting against well-documented U*U injustices, abuses and hypocrisy are not "evil" as you claim. On the contrary I am protesting against demeaning and abusive words and actions of U*Us that can be properly described as being "evil" even though I do not use that word very often. As far as I am concerned, and as far as other people who know the truth are concerned, my protest actions are good not evil.

I do not "hate" Unitarian Universalism as you accuse me here. In fact "hate" is not an emotion that I have much use for. I do however have very little respect for people who repeatedly break the "covenants" of the seven principles of U*Uism and pretend that they have done nothing wrong even though they have harmed other people. I will not stop protesting against U*U injustices, abuses and hypocrisy until U*Us responsibly acknowledge the injustices and abuses that they are guilty of perpetrating and/or perpetuating and take steps to redress them. If U*Us want my respect they will have to earn it by acting in a manner that is actually respectable. . . So far, for more than a decade, the leaders and congregration of the Unitarian Church of Montreal, top level UUA administrators and other U*U clergy, and a good number of other individual U*Us have behaved in ways that have earned my disrespect and contempt, to say nothing of the disrespect and contempt of many other people.

If you really believe in the Seven Principles of U*Uism you should enter into a genuinely free and responsible search for the truth and meaning behind the "root causes" of my ongoing protest against U*U injustices, abuses and hypocrisy. When that responsible search makes it clear to you that I am actually telling the truth about Montreal Unitarians, UUA officials, and other U*Us you might want to work towards providing some real justice and equity for me and other people who have been harmed and victimized by outrageously hypocritical U*Us.

My protest demands that U*Us respect the inherent worth and dignity of me and every other person that U*Us have harmed and victimized. My protest demands that actually U*Us practice genuine justice, equity and compassion in their human relations with me and other people who they have harmed. My protest demands that U*Us practice genuine acceptance of me and other people U*Us have harmed. I am exercising my "right of conscience" when I protest against U*U injustices, abuses and hypocrisy and I expect U*Us to examine their consciences when they are confronted by my protest, although very few U*Us actually bother to do that. . . My public protest against U*U injustices, abuses and hypocrisy makes good use of the democratic process "in society at large" in the hopes of persuading anti-democratic U*Us who I have good reason to call Totalitarian Unitarians to clean up their act and genuinely respect and practice democratic principles that they have repeatedly disregarded and violated. If U*Us genuinely want to work towards the goal of world community with peace, liberty and justice for all, they can start by taking steps to ensure peace, liberty and justice for all within the so-called U*U World instead of ignoring and even complicitly condoning internal injustices and attacking liberty by trying to silence and suppress those who speak out against U*U injustices, abuses and hypocrisy.

Sincerely,

Robin Edgar

Comments