Is The Unitarian Church Of Montreal The Stupidest "Church" In Montreal?

As I was engaging in my "alternative spiritual practice" of protesting against U*U injustices, abuses and hypocrisy in front of the alleged Unitarian Church of Montreal this morning, one of its aging members called me "the stupidest man in Montreal" as he passed by me. My immediate response to him was that IMNSHO the Unitarian Church of Montreal was probably the stupidest "church" in Montreal. In fact there is plenty of good reason for me and other people to consider the Unitarian Church of Montreal to be more than a little bit stupid and, since I have decided to add U*U stupidity to the short list of things that the Emerson Avenger blog will deal with, I will go into a few of the ways that the Unitarian Church of Montreal and/or its leaders and congregants are rather stupid.

There is virtually no question that the Montreal Unitarian who called me "the stupidest man in Montreal" did so primarily because of the fact that I have steadfastly continued to engage in my "alternative spiritual practice" of protesting in front of the Unitarian Church of Montreal even though Montreal Unitarians have obstinately ignored my public protest for close to a decade now, and have even gone to highly questionable lengths to try to force an end to my legitimate public protest. No doubt in this Montreal U*U's mind I am extremely stupid because I continue to publicly protest even though Montreal Unitarians have made it clear that they will not only pay no heed to my public protest but will do their damnedest to suppress it, even going so far as to misuse and abuse Montreal municipal bylaws and the Canadian Criminal Code in deeply misguided efforts to restrict and undermine my constitutionally guaranteed right to engage in peaceful public protest. What he and other like-minded Montreal U*Us fail to understand however is that my protest is intended to be seen by the general public as much as, if not more so, than it is directed at Montreal Unitarians themselves. It is after all a *public* protest.

Montreal Unitarian U*Us can't seem to get it through their heads that willfully ignoring my public protest, and obstinately refusing to initiate and enter into any kind of viable conflict resolution procedures, indeed even totally refusing to enter into ANY kind of dialogue with me, will not bring about an end to my public protest activities. Similarly, Montreal Unitarians quite evidently do not understand that attempting to censor and suppress my public protest by misusing and abusing municipal bylaws and Canadian criminal law; such as by having me falsely arrested on bogus charges of disrupting a religious service or seeking a restraining order against me on the extremely dubious grounds that they have "reasonable grounds" to fear that I will commit a "serious personal injury offence" against Rev. Diane Rollert, cannot and will not resolve this conflict. Au contraire, the more Montreal U*Us (to say nothing of U*Us more generally) try to censor and suppress my legitimate criticism and dissent, and even cynically attempt to restrict, over-ride or otherwise suppress my Charter guaranteed rights, the more I will seek to defend and preserve my constitutional rights to freedom of expression and peaceful public protest.

In fact, as should be abundantly obvious from my proven track record. . . the deeply misguided and indeed outrageously hypocritical attempts made by Montreal Unitarians to force an end to, or otherwise suppress, my public protest activities has only led to me reasserting them and prolonging them. This will prove to be true even if Rev. Diane Rollert somehow succeeds in convincing a Quebec Court judge that her demand for a restraining order against me is warranted, something I consider to be exceedingly unlikely to happen. In the unlikely event that the restraining order is granted I will simply change the location of my public protests for its duration and make a point of returning to protest in front of the Unitarian Church of Montreal once it expires. . . In fact it is not out of the question that other people will protest in front of the Unitarian Church of Montreal on my behalf if the restraining order is granted.

So just who is being incredibly stupid when it comes to the fact that, after nearly a decade of public protest against U*U injustices, abuses and hypocrisy, this conflict not only remains unresolved, but Montreal Unitarian U*Us have never even made the slightest effort to initiate responsible conflict resolution procedures that could lead to the resolution of this conflict in a manner that actually lives up to U*U principles that call for justice, equity and compassion in human relations? I am very confident that most people of intelligence and conscience will agree that the Unitarian Church of Montreal has behaved incredibly stupidly throughout this conflict and has succeeded in repeatedly, continually, and incredibly foolishly making a total mockery of not only the Seven Principles of U*Uism but also its own purported "mission statement" and other claimed ideals of the uncommonly hypocritical denomination.

Who is more stupid? The person who steadfastly protests against having his religious activities falsely and maliciously labeled as a "cult" by intolerant and abusive Montreal Unitarian U*Us for a decade, by displaying picket sign slogans that say -

CULT IS A FOUR LETTER WORD

and

"CHURCH" OF THE "CULT-LIKE" WITCH-HUNT

or the deeply misguided and outrageously hypocritical "church" leaders and whole congregation who have willfully ignored those picket sign slogans for close to a decade now?

Who is more stupid? The person who protests against the fact that an intolerant and abusive fundamentalist atheist "Humanist" U*U minister angrily and contemptuously dismissed his revelatory religious experience as "your psychotic experience", and the fact that his anti-religious intolerance and bigotry was effectively endorsed by both the Unitarian Church of Montreal and the UUA's Ministerial Fellowship Committee, with a picket sign slogan that says -

"CHURCH" OF THE "PSYCHOTIC" REACTION

or the U*U "church" leaders and U*U "church" congregants who have willfully ignored that picket sign slogan for close to a decade now?

Who is more stupid? The person who protests against the very well documented fact that Montreal Unitarians U*Us, as well as UUA administrators, have repeatedly perverted justice in various ways throughout this conflict by displaying a picket sign slogan that says -

U*Us PERVERT JUSTICE

or the outrageously hypocritical U*U "church" leaders and U*U "church" congregants who have not only willfully ignored that picket sign slogan for years now, but even continue to try to undermine, deny and outright pervert justice to this very day?

I could go on about the various ways that the leaders and members of the Unitarian Church of Montreal have behaved in ways that make it a prime candidate for being the stupidest "church" in Montreal but I think that I have quite adequately made my point already.

Strangely enough, a woman entering the Unitarian Church of Montreal earlier today stopped and asked me,

"Do you like the new minister?"

My response politely indicated that I could not really say that I liked the new minister. When this woman asked me why I did not like the new minister. I responded that, "She has done a few stupid things." When the woman asked me what "stupid things" Rev. Diane Rollert has done I said,

"Just Google her."

I am very confident that most people of intelligence and conscience will agree that Rev. Diane Rollert's deeply misguided decision to seek a restraining order against me on extremely dubious and highly questionable grounds, in yet another Unitarian*Universalist attempt to misuse the Canadian Criminal Code to force an end to my ongoing protest against U*U injustices, abuses and hypocrisy, is amongst the stupidest things that any U*U, Montreal Unitarian U*U or otherwise, has done in the whole course of this ludicrously drawn-out conflict.

Comments

Anonymous said…
LOL! I read your post. Too bad you're in Montreal. In the US, we could have the police pick you up and hold you for 72 hours for a Psychiatric Evaluation. And, sweetheart, I'm not a Unitarian. I just wanted to learn more about them. After reading your post, they are looking better all the time!
Robin Edgar said…
I could be mistaken but I am pretty sure that, given reasonable grounds to do so, Montreal police officers can have a person held for a psychiatric evaluation. Given my many interactions with the Montreal police force over the better part of the last decade, perhaps it should tell you something about me that that scenario has never occurred. . . I am very confident that, if it ever did occur, that I would pass such a psychiatric evaluation. I would like to remind you that I have seen several psychiatrists since my revelatory religious experience and have already undergone a few psychiatric evaluations in which the psychiatrists did not find any serious mental health problems. If you really believe that U*Us are actually " looking better all the time" after reading this post, to say nothing of other posts here, perhaps you are rather more in need of a psychiatric evaluation than I am. . . I take note of the fact that you lack the courage of your convictions to post under your real name here.
Anonymous said…
I'm sorry- but I actually can't understand what you actually are protesting? It may seem obvious to you- but not to an outsider.

Please list exactly what you would want the church to do to make you stop protesting.
Robin Edgar said…
I agree that this particular blog post does not describe "exactly" what I am protesting against, although my blog profile should give you a pretty good idea of what I am protesting. Reading a few more blog posts, or running an appropriate Google search should provide the additional information you seek. U*Us call this a free and responsible search for the truth and meaning of whatever. My protest began as a protest against the anti-religious intolerance and bigotry of Rev. Ray Drennan and at least one other leading member of the Unitarian Church of Montreal, namely its former Board President Frank Greene. I was also protesting the fact that Montreal U*Us had not only allowed these anti-religious bigots to get away with character assassination but punished me for daring to complain about their intolerant and abusive behavior. My protest has evolved over the years to cover additional U*U injustices, abuses and hypocrisy. Seek and ye shall find. . .

What the Unitarian Church of Montreal and the UUA need to do to persuade me to at least temporarily suspend my protest is to agree to enter into dialogue with me towards the end of finally resolving this conflict aka initiate appropriate and viable conflict resolution procedures. For me to end my peaceful public protest outside the Unitarian Church of Montreal U*Us need to hold people responsible for the injustices and abuses that they are guilty of directly perpetrating, and/or indirectly perpetuating, via their negligent, effectively complicit and, in some cases, unjustly punitive responses to my legitimate grievances. In short U*Us need to stop making a total mockery of virtually every principle and ideal that they pretend to affirm and promote and begin to genuinely practice what they preach and sincerely honor and uphold U*U principles and ideals.