Holy Moses! Yet Another LOL U*U Picture. . .


This particular LOL U*U picture was inspired by a recent post on Rev. Debra Haffner's 'Sexuality and Religion: What's the Connection?' blog titled - SO, Which Part of the Bible Are They Talking About?.

Rev. Haffner had asserted that, "the Bible is silent on birth control, silent on abortion, and silent on consensual same sex adult sexual relationships as we understand them today," so I had felt obliged to point out to her that the Bible was not in fact "silent" on such issues.
I did not bother to point out which parts of the Bible actually talk about these things but I did say -

"I know that liberal clergy like to jump through all kinds of hoops to rationalize "biblical morality" but surely it would show more integrity if liberal clergy simply forthrightly stated that they do not believe certain problematic passages of the Bible, or that they just plain disagree with what is said in them even if God actually said it."

I somewhat serendipitously stumbled upon the above image within hours of that comment which Rev. Haffner saw fit to post to her moderated blog and thought that it could be used to humorously "illustrate" the issue of questionable rationalizations and revisionist interpretations of problematic Biblical passages that liberal clergy and theologians are so inclined to engage in. So I popped it into ROFLBOT and added the pertinent LOL U*U text to it. Needless to say the text closely references the famous LOL Cat in the fridge saying,

IM IN UR FRIDGE EATIN UR FOODZ

Comments

Anonymous said…
I read your profile, and all I could say is ROFL.

The eye of God? The only eye you be seeing is a big browneye.

Dear God, save us from your followers!
Robin Edgar said…
Laugh all you want Anonymous.

I am very confident that God will have the last laugh. . .
Anonymous said…
I'm sure we both will -- to laugh at you.

I hope you open your eyes and realize what life is. To paraphrase a song, "We're here for a good time, not a long time." I hope you realize this and spend the rest of your life, not ranting on a blog where you sound like an idiot, but on a nice warm beach somewhere.

Then we'll be laughing with you, not at you.
Robin Edgar said…
Actually I have quite a good time taking the piss out of outrageously hypocritical Unitarian*Universalists. I dare say that a fair number of people who are reading this blog (about 80 per day these days. . .) are laughing at the Big Fat U*U Hypocrites it exposes and denounces. Don't worry Anonymouse I have a good time in plenty of other ways too, including spending time at a nice warm beach every now and then, but spending some time poking fun at a corpse-cold Unitarian *beech* like Peacebang aka Rev. Victoria Weinstein can be quite a good time too. . . :-)