It's Gone, Baby, Gone. . . Down The Burgeoning U*U "Memory Hole" aka Yet Another Unitarian*Universalist Who Can't Deal With Unpleasant Objective Truth

I had hoped that the disappearance of former U*U minister Rev. Mary Scriver's blog post entitled 'ACCUSING THE CLERGY... AND ACCUSING... AND ACCUSING' was an accidental deletion rather than a knowing and willful "memory holing" of the blog post along with all of the comments submitted to it. I guess that my hopes were what Rev. Charles Eddis would call "wishful thinking", and what I would call giving a U*U the benefit of my ever so Unitarian doubt. . . Quite regrettably for all concerned it is abundantly clear from the Prairie Mary blog post entitled 'A Couple Of Notes' that Rev. Mary Scriver knowingly and willfully deleted her blog post because she could not deal with the content of my follow-up comment which pointed out that she was mistaken about some well established facts about U*U clergy misconduct and other U*U injustices, abuses, and hypocrisy. Here is the pertinent part of that blog post in which Rev. Mary Scriver explains her deletion of her blog post aka rationalizes her "memory holing" of her words and mine, to say nothing of Art's comment -

THE OTHER NOTE is that since Robin Edgar flooded me with line-by-line refutations of everything I said as well as repeating every accusation again, I zapped his comments. Then, in a spirit of equity, I zapped my post. It is NOT "down a memory hole," as Edgar puts it, but "gone, baby, gone."

Most ironically, a good chunk of Rev. Mary Scriver's 'ACCUSING THE CLERGY... AND ACCUSING... AND ACCUSING' blog post was a line-by-line aka point-by-point attempt on her part to refute, or at least cast doubt on, a number of the things that I had said in my initial response to her BETWEEN GOOD FRIDAY AND EASTER blog post. I made it very clear to Rev. Mary Scriver that I had no objection whatsoever to her saying whatever she wanted to say about me, good, bad, or downright ugly. . . on her Prairie Mary blog as long as she allowed me to respond to it. I guess that she couldn't keep up her side of that bargain. . . Instead of allowing me to publicly respond to some of the questionable things that she said about me, to say nothing of other questionable statements that she made in her blog post, Rev. Mary Scriver simply deleted her whole rather questionable blog post lock, stock, and smoking 16' gun barrel. . .

My 'Continuing The Conversation With Rev. Mary Scriver aka Prairie Mary' blog post of yesterday preserves my comment that probably never made it past Prairie Mary's blog "moderation" aka censorship and thus was technically not "memory-holed", just censored and suppressed aka silenced. . . Google cache has quite reliably and quite thankfully preserved Prairie Mary's original 'ACCUSING THE CLERGY... AND ACCUSING... AND ACCUSING' blog post completely intact, albeit without the comment from Art that Rev. Scriver had approved. Gotta love Google eh U*Us? No?

It is now abundantly obvious that Prairie Mary simply does not want to continue the conversation that is apparently just a bit to hot for her to handle. Fair enough. The conversation ends here and now until such a time as Rev. Mary Scriver changes her mind, which may well be never. I am not going to come down *too* hard on Rev. Mary Scriver for trying to "cover up and hide" some rather unpleasant truths about U*Us. I suspect that our conversation may have burst a few "bubbles" and caused a certain amount of "discomfort" if not some outright cognitive dissonance. I also suspect that our conversation may well have dredged up some rather unpleasant memories that Rev. Scriver might prefer not to have been reminded of. . . It seems that she was, and still is, aware of a fair bit of U*U "shit" as it were.

Still, I cannot allow Rev. Mary Scriver to psychologically rationalize her wholesale deletion of her own blog post, along with all approved or pending comments submitted to it, as being done in "a spirit of equity" and NOT constituting "memory holing" of some "less than flattering" U*U history. It is quite evident from Prairie Mary's own testimony that her "memory holing" had very little to do with genuine "equity" aka fairness and rather more to do with a desire to cover up and hide some rather unpleasant truths. True equity and fairness, to say nothing of justice and freedom of speech. . . would have been served by not deleting anything at all and posting my comment, which did include some rebuttals of some of Rev. Scriver's arguments, as per the quite just and equitable "bargain" that I thought I had made with her. Once again yet another U*U minister has proved beyond any shadow of a doubt that Rev. Charles Eddis, minister emeritus of the Unitarian Church of Montreal, was full of hypocritical U*U shit when he plagiarized John Milton's 'Areopagitica' and proclaimed in his "obsolete", decades old, and now evidently quite fraudulent U*U religious propaganda 'What Unitarians And Universalists Believe' that:

Unitarians and Universalists believe, first of all, in an open
search for truth and meaning. Truth cannot be embalmed for posterity. We jealously guard the right to know, to speak and to argue freely, according to conscience, within our own church and in society at large. We are opposed to censorship by church, state, or any other institution. We believe that truth emerges more clearly
under conditions of freedom.

end quote

As is all too often the case, when a U*U minister finds themselves on the losing end of an argument with Robin Edgar aka The Emerson Avenger, they try to cover up and hide the truth rather than acknowledge they are mistaken aka wrong and responsibly make appropriate corrections that align with the capital 'T' objective Truth that so few U*Us seem to believe in in any case. . . Why do U*Us fraudulently pretend to believe in "an open search for truth and meaning" aka "a free and responsible search for truth and meaning" in their religious propaganda when so many U*Us, including rather too many U*U clergy. . . do not even believe in objective verifiable capital 'T' Truth?

Answer me that U*Us. . .

Comments

Anonymous said…
Shame, I liked that post.
Robin Edgar said…
It's a shame alright. In more ways than one. . .

Still, that post is available here in Google cache form and I have archived it on my computer as well of course although it appears that I somehow failed to archive the original post with Art's comment attached to it as I thought I had.

Feel free to comment on that post here but it would be preferable if you attached your real name, or a pseudonym that is closely associated with your real name. As a rule I only "out" anonymous commenters who deserve to be "outed" for posting insulting and defamatory, or otherwise offensive and abusive, comments. In have no particular reason to "out" inoffensive anonymous commenters.
Robin Edgar said…
Wow! That blog post is no longer available in Google cache. . . I have noticed in recent months that rapidly deleted Blogger posts never even appear in Google cache. I thought however that, once cached, a blog post would remain accessible in Google cache form for several weeks. Apparently not any more. . . It seems that Google now rapidly discards cached Blogger posts that have been deleted. I reread my archived copy and feel that my point-by-point response to it none-the-less preserves most of what Mary said that was directly pertinent to me. There is thus not much point in reproducing her "memory holed" blog post intact here. I am confident that most people will agree that Rev. Mary Scriver's reasons for "memory holing" her rather questionable blog post, which I quiet evidently duly questioned. . . have more to do with a spirit of secrecy than a spirit of equity.