Welcoming Philippino Unitarian Universalists To The U*U World

The following comment was just submitted to the UUA's UUAWO Inspired Faith, Effective Action blog in response to a blog post about the UU Church of the Philippines aka the Unitarian*Universalist Church Of The Philippines with any luck they will post it soon -

I consider this particular Advocacy & Witness staff group blog post to be quite serendipitous, and even something of an online synchronity. At 12:59 AM this morning Conservative pagan U*U Joel Monka brazenly asserted on the 'UU A Way Of Life' blog that there is "no such thing" as a U*U World as in Unitarian*Universalism outside of America. Or at least that's what it looks like he said -

There is no such thing as "the whole wide U*U World"- Unitarian Universalism is unique to America; it is the merger of the American Unitarian Conference and the Universalist church- a church founded in America.

I disagree with Joel Monka and even specifically mentioned Philippine Unitarian*Universalists (amongst other non-American U*Us) in my point-by-point rebuttal of Joel Monka's "hogwash" at 2:28 PM today while being quite unaware of the existence of this blog post dedicated to the Unitarian*Universalists of the Philippines. Even though I am currently "less than welcome" in the U*U World I would like to heartily welcome Philippino Unitarian*Universalists to the U*U World. The more non-American U*Us the merrier AFA*I*AC.

Comments

Joel Monka said…
And did you give them context? Of course, not; you never do. To repeat my answer on the thread referred to:I guess since the skunk is quite clearly confused, I might as well answer... Taking your last first: "ROTFLMU*UO!
This must be some kind of internet synchronicity or something. . .
I was not aware of *that* Inspired Faith, Effective Action blog post about non-American U*Us until a few minutes ago." Exactly which part of "...congregations outside N. America, if they file with the UUA and attend GA; they would have influence in any reforms he wants." did you fail to understand, Robin? I said that specifically because of the small number of UUs outside N. America that we discussed in the 74 people or congregations comments just a few days ago- and CC specifically mentioned the Philippine church. Is your short term memory loss the result of recreational drugs you are taking, or medicinal drugs you're not taking but should?

Just to keep you honest, since you evidently are no longer capable of it yourself.
Robin Edgar said…
Wrong Joel. Thanks for yet another slanderous over-the-top Unitarian*Universalist false accusation against me. I provided a link to your comment, my rebuttal and, by extension the whole thread. How much more context do you need?

BTW I just finished re*butt*ing your further spouting of hyperbolic U*U BS in this follow-up comment.
Alex Winnett said…
Robin,

Thank you for the wonderful comment on our blog post. Unfortunately, I accidentally deleted your comment. Could you please repost your comment. I would be happy to publish it.

Once again, I am sorry for the accidental deletion.
Robin Edgar said…
Your quite unnecessary apology is hereby graciously accepted Alex. Would that more U*Us deigned to apologize for their mistakes, many of which are far worse "mistakes" than your honest mistake of accidentally deleting the comment that I submitted to the Inspired Faith Effective Action blog.

I thank you for promptly taking steps to remedy that honest mistake Alex.

Best Regards,

Robin Edgar
Robin Edgar said…
Joel you had better contact the editorial staff of the UU World magazine or, even better. . . write a letter to the editor of the UU World informing them that "there is no such thing as "the whole wide U*U World"- Unitarian Universalism is unique to America" yadda yadda yadda. Apparently the Summer 2009 issue of UU World includes a report by Scott Kraft about the "explosive growth" of Unitarian*Universalism aka The U*U Movement in Africa.