Is Rev. Hank Peirce The Very Model Of Self-Righteous U*U Clergy And Big Fat U*U Hubris?



Reverend Doctor*ed Victoria Weinstein aka Peacebang is standing on the side of love for the undoctored version of above "clergy image" of Rev. Hank Peirce of the Unitarian*Universalist Church of Medford. Some of the readers of her Peacebang's Beauty Tips For Ministers blog have some reservations about this particular "clergy image" and I tend to agree with their take on it. . .

Eleanorjane commented -

Ooh, no! The word ‘hubris’ comes to mind. It looks like he’s pretending to be Moses or something. . .

susanp responded -

You know, I have to say I’m with Eleanorejane — without knowing him personally that picture channels every self-righteous colleague I ever met. . .

end quotes

I am not quite sure what Eleanorjane and susanp would think of *this* Big Fat U*U Clergy Image of Rev. Hank Peirce, courtesy of UU World editor Christopher Walton, but it does seem to contrast significantly with the image that brought hubris and self-righteousness to their minds and a famous Carl Jung quote to my mind. . .

Comments

Whitney Crawford said…
Hank can be very tongue in cheek. The first photo was a candid snapshot in a field en route to a wedding. The second is a very sarcastic photo, being that Hank is straight edge. He does not, nor has he ever, drank, smoked, done drugs, etc. He is really a very respectable, standup guy who does his job well. It would truly be a shame to judge such a decent human being based on a few comedic photos taken out of context.
Robin Edgar said…
Hi Whitney,

Thanks for your comment. I am well aware that the "first photo was a candid snapshot in a field en route to a wedding". I am also well aware that the second photo was staged by UU World editor Chris Walton. I am not judging Rev. Hank Peirce as a person in this blog post. I am poking fun at U*Us in general, and *the* Reverend Doctor Victoria Weinstein aka Vicki The Impaler in particular. . . with respect to the "clergy image" that Rev. Dr. Vicki Weinstein's evil twin sister Peacebang believes is so important.

I would be very happy to share a beer or two with Hank if he were not "straight-edge".