The First Day Chalica 2012 Was Monday June 1st As Far As The Emerson Avenger Is Concerned. . .

Today is the first Monday in December 2012, it is thus the First Day of Chalica 2012, a day devoted to celebrating the First Principle of Unitarian Universalism which calls for Unitarian Universalist congregations, and thus by logical extension individual Unitarian Universalists. . . to "affirm and promote" -

"The inherent worth and dignity of every person;"

or, as presented in the children's version of Unitarian Universalism's Seven Principles. . .

"We believe that each and every person is important."

The Emerson Avenger is pleased to announce that, thanks to the Unitarian Universalist Association's boneheadedly stupid decision to hire Stikeman Elliott attorney Maitre Marc-André Coulombe to falsely accuse him of the archaic crime of blasphemous libel for allegedly making "unfounded and vicious allegations to the effect that ministers of the Association engage in such despicable crimes as pedophilia and rape", he celebrated the First Day of Chalica on the first day of June. . . I mean *really* U*Us, what could make me feel more important than being accused of Big Fat U*U Blasphemy by Unitarian Universalists? :-)

Without further ado here is the comment I posted to the Chalica Facebook page earlier today -


Comments

Anonymous said…
Okay....but what did you do on Monday itself to celebrate?
Anonymous said…
Oh okay I get it. I guess I interpreted your blog post as making a statement that June 1st was like your first day of chalica, but that you didn't observe the Dec 3rd date. But suppose that reflecting on your worth - and a day that helped define it- can count.

We're on to day 3! How did you observe days 2 and 3?

Robin Edgar said…
Yesterday I put UUA President Rev. Peter Morales on my U*U World-famous "Eat Your Words" Diet in a comment that I posted in response to his most recent Huffington Post Op/Ed article and I posted an early version of that comment to the Chalica Day 2 post on the official Chalica Facebook page.

Still working on Day 3. . .
Robin Edgar said…
"Oh okay I get it. I guess I interpreted your blog post as making a statement that June 1st was like your first day of chalica, but that you didn't observe the Dec 3rd date. But suppose that reflecting on your worth - and a day that helped define it- can count."

I was mainly just playing off of the well known phrase "Christmas in July". Transforming it into "Chalica in June" as it were. ;-) I wss waggishly suggesting that the UUA's ludicrous cease and desist demand letter was something of a First Day of Chalica present. The Children's version of Unitarian Universalism's First Principle says -

1. We believe that each and every person is important.

Evidently if the UUA believe that I am important enough to spend hundreds and possibly thousands of UUA dollars to hire one of Canada's top commercial litigation lawyers, Stikeman Elliott attorney Maitre Marc-André Coulombe, to have me served me with an arrogant and aggressive cease and desist demand letter falsely accusing me of the archaic crime of blasphemous libel for allegedly making "unfounded and vicious allegations to the effect that ministers of the Association engage in such despicable crimes as pedophilia and rape" I must be a pretty important person in the U*U eh's eye. :-)
Anonymous said…
Oh I understand now...clever :-)