On The Fourth Day Of Chalica 2013 I Demand A Free & Responsible Search For The Truth & Meaning Of Shameful UUA Legal Bullying. . .

The following "electronic communication" aka email was sent to Stikeman Elliott Barristers & Solicitors litigation lawyer Maitre Marc-André Coulombe, UUA Moderator Jim Key and all UUA Trustees just after TEA Time today, the 4th Day of Chalica 2013 that is dedicated to the Fourth Principle of Unitarian Universalism which calls for a "free and responsible search for truth and meaning". . . This is my way of observing the Fourth Day of Chalica 2013 by calling upon these UUA leaders to engage in a free and genuinely responsible search for truth and meaning, or shameful dearth thereof. . . of the two legal letters that the UUA had me served with 18 months ago in early June of 2012.

i.e. This initial cease and desist demand letter and this follow-up legal letter.
 
To
macoulombe@stikeman.com, board@uua.org, jkey@uua.org


Today at 4:23 PM
Without Prejudice

Thor's Day December 5, 2013

aka 4th Day of Chalica 2013


Dear Maitre Coulombe,


It is now exactly 18 months since you sent me this arrogant and aggressive response to my "electronic communication" aka email which reasonably politely informed you that I was quite unable to find any The Emerson Avenger blog posts that contained any "unfounded and vicious allegation to the effect that ministers of the (Unitarian Universalist) Association engage in such despicable crimes as pedophilia and rape." Besides being the 18th "monthiversary" (as it were) of your arrogant refusal to responsibly identify those blog posts that you and your "less than honest" client the UUA allege to contain "unfounded and vicious" allegations to the effect that "certain Unitarian Universalist ministers" aka UUA clergy "engage in such despicable crimes as pedophilia and rape", it happens to be the 4th Day of Chalica which is a week long Unitarian Universalist holiday dedicated to celebrating the 7 Principles of Unitarian Universalism.

Most ironically, and I believe quite appropriately in terms of today's task at hand. . . the 4th Principle of Unitarian Universalism calls upon ALL U*Us to engage in "a free and responsible search for truth and meaning".

See - http://www.uua.org/beliefs/principles/282073.shtml

I realize that you are probably not a member in The U*U Movement yourself, but in that you are representing a client that ostensibly claims that,

"As a faith tradition, Unitarian Universalism makes sacred the right and responsibility to engage in this free and responsible quest as an act of religious devotion."

you should have engaged in a free and responsible for the Truth and meaning of my blog posts before more than a little bit questionably formally alleging that I have not only published blog posts containing "unfounded and vicious allegation to the effect that ministers of the Association engage in such despicable crimes as pedophilia and rape", but these as yet unidentified blog posts are "defamatory to an extent such that they constitute blasphemous libel which is prohibited under section 296 of the Criminal Code" yadda, yadda, yadda. . .

Notwithstanding the fact that I remain completely unaware of ANY The Emerson Avenger blog posts that might actually contain "unfounded and vicious" allegations to the effect that certain Unitarian Universalist ministers "engage in such despicable crimes as pedophilia and rape" I none-the-less engaged in a free and responsible for the Truth and meaning of Canada's blasphemy law aka section 296 of the Criminal Code soon after you made that dubious accusation against me and long ago came to the conclusion that, even if I actually was guilty of making "unfounded and vicious allegation to the effect that ministers of the Association engage in such despicable crimes as pedophilia and rape", such ordinary libel of UU clergy would almost certainly not amount to the archaic and rarely prosecuted crime of blasphemous libel, as you so brazenly alleged in your initial cease and desist demand letter.

So just who are these "certain Unitarian Universalist ministers" that you and your "less than Truthful" client the UUA are (falsely) accusing me of falsely, to say nothing of viciously, alleging to have committed rape, child molestation, and unspecified "other sexual perversions"?

Convicted rapist Rev. Mack W. Mitchell perhaps?

How about your client Rev. Dr. Victoria Weinstein's former parishioner at First Parish Norwell Unitarian Universalist Church, Richard Buell who, besides actually being convicted of the forcible rape of preteen girls including "a female family member" and "a neighbor's daughter", was not to my knowledge a Unitarian Universalist minister?

Which Unitarian Universalist minister have I falsely and viciously accused of "child molestation" Maitre Coulombe?

Who are these "certain Unitarian Universalist ministers" who you allege that I have made false and vicious accusations of engaging in what you rather vaguely describe as "other sexual perversions", without even clearly defining what "other sexual perversions" you are talking about? I mean let's face it Maitre Coulombe, "other sexual perversions" covers a LOT of territory. How am I supposed to guess which "certain Unitarian Universalist ministers" and what "other sexual perversions" you are talking about?

I cannot help but notice that you signed your second arrogant and aggressive legal letter to me with the salutation "Your's Truly" Maitre Coulombe. Forgive me for saying so, but I see very little that is True in the highly misleading, and even outright false, accusations that you and your "less than Truthful" clients have brought against me. As far as I am concerned it is your own dubious assertions, and those of your own "less than honest" U*U clients that are "not credible" Maitre Coulombe. Not my claims, most of which are supported by plenty of evidence. Where is your evidence supporting your accusations Maitre Coulombe? I have yet to see any, inspite of my repeated demands that you produce your evidence by properly identifying those blog posts that your accusations arise from.




I *could* go on, but hopefully I have made my point. . .

In the spirit of Chalica, and Unitarian Universalism's 1st, 2nd & 4th Principles, I hereby call upon you and your various Unitarian Universalist clients, including the (thankfully) inimitable Rev. Dr. Victoria Weinstein, to engage in a free and genuinely *responsible* search for the Truth and meaning of the highly questionable accusations that you have conspired to bring against me, to freely and responsibly withdraw every single false and-or frivolous accusation that you have made, and publicly apologize to me for bringing these false accusations against me in the first place.

Your's TRULY,

Robin Edgar

Comments