Projet Montreal's Sue Montgomery And Unitarian Universalist Rape Culture - What's The Connection?

How about this most recent "electronic communication" that I sent to Montreal media and defamation lawyer Mark Bantey, of Gowling Henderson Lafleur LLP, who had me served with a "less than honest" (to say nothing of "less than competent") cease and desist demand letter asserting that Montreal Unitarian U*U, and newly elected Projet Montréal mayor of Montreal's borough of Côte-des-Neiges Notre-Dame-de-Grâce, Sue Montgomery "will not hesitate" to sue Yours Truly for alleged libel 2 years, 11 months, and 3 days ago aka 1069 days ago. . .

Robin Edgar 

To: mark.bantey@gowlings.com
Cc: montgomery.sue@gmail.com

Nov 6 at 11:58 AM
Monday November 6, 2017

Dear Mr. Bantey,

It is now 2 years and 11 months since I sent you the email dated December 6, 2014, in response to the "less than honest", to say nothing of "less than competent". . . cease and desist demand letter that you had me served with on the evening of December 4th, 2014, as I was protesting against your ostensible client, Montreal Unitarian U*U and now "retired" Montreal Gazette "Justice Reporter", Sue Montgomery's complicity in the Unitarian*Universalist aka U*U religious community's clergy abuse cover-up efforts outside La Tulipe on Papineau street. I am still waiting for Sue Montgomery to get around to acting upon your assertion that Sue "will not hesitate" to sue Yours Truly for alleged libel against her. Let's face it Mr. Bantey, your ostensible client Sue Montgomery has now been hesitating to sue me for alleged libel for 1068 days.That's a LOT of hesitation in my books Mr. Bantey.

It is very unfortunate that you and The Gazette's former "Justice Reporter" Sue Montgomery totally ignored, and thus rejected, the quite generous offer of conditional forgiveness for falsely accusing me of libel that I offered you 2 years and 11 months ago today. There would be a lot fewer Tweets, Facebook posts, The Emerson Avenger blog posts, and U*UTube videos about Montreal Unitarian U*U Sue Montgomery's past (and indeed ongoing. . .) complicity in Unitarian Universalist clergy abuse cover-up efforts, to say nothing of her complicity in various other U*U injustices and abuses, if you and Sue had accepted my quite generous offer of conditional forgiveness.

Allow me to remind you and Sue exactly what I said 1066 days ago on December 6th of 2014:

That being said, in light of the fact that today is the 6th Day of Chalica, which is dedicated to celebrating U*Uism's 6th Principle of ostensibly striving for "the goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all", even if U*Us believe that goal to be, like your highly questionable cease and desist demand letter. . . "extravagant in its hopefulness and improbable in its prospects", I will generously extent to you and your client the following peace offering which I had intended to offer to Sue Montgomery even before she saw fit to hire you to falsely accuse me of defamation and libel. If you and Sue Montgomery formally withdraw the highly questionable accusations that you have brought against me in your cease and desist demand letter, and properly and publicly apologize to me for bringing them against me; and if Sue Montgomery acknowledges that I actually do have what a lawyer might call "reasonable grounds" for making "such statements" about her, and also admits to her complicit silence re. the UUA's immoral and unethical attempted misuse of Canadian blasphemy law to hide the fact that children have #BeenRaped by Unitarian Universalists such as Rev. Mack Wallace Mitchell, Richard Buell, and Steven Craig Bulleit to name but 3 such U*U rapists that (to date) she #NeverReported in The Gazette, nor to my knowledge ever spoke out against in any way, and if Sue Montgomery acknowledges her direct involvement in some of the Unitarian Church of Montreal's attempts to suppress my ongoing peaceful public protest in front of said "church", and also agrees to research and write a series of genuinely fair and balanced news reports about UU clergy abuse and UU cover-up and denial thereof that will be published in The Gazette starting later this month, I will forgive Sue Montgomery's past sins of commission and sins of omission and provide her with a clean slate for 2015.

end quote

Imagine where we might be today if you and Sue had accepted that offer of forgiveness instead of rather foolishly ignoring it, and thus rejecting it?

I am giving some consideration to making a second offer of conditional forgiveness to Sue Montgomery that will give her a clean slate for 2018, assuming of course that Sue actually possesses the personal integrity and "gros bon sens" that will be required to meet my somewhat expanded conditions for forgiveness that I have not yet completely decided upon yet. I regret to have to inform you however that I will not be offering you the same, or similar, conditional forgiveness as I did 1066 days ago. Instead I will soon be moving forward with bringing an ethics complaint against you with the Bureau du syndic du barreau du Québec for what I consider to be a "less than ethical" false accusation of libel against me that both you and Sue Montgomery have obstinately refused to formally withdraw, and properly and publicly apologize for, for 1066 days now.

Sincerely,

Robin Edgar aka The Emerson Avenger





Comments